All auto insurance is not equal. At KIW INSURANCE, we work with you to make sure you are selecting the right coverages and help you to understand how they apply to you. Our goal is always … making insurance work for you!
Generally, auto insurance types of coverage include property, liability and medical.
• Bodily injury liability coverage pays for injuries someone else suffers in an auto accident if you are at fault.
• Personal Injury Protection (PIP) covers injuries suffered by you and/or your passengers during an accident.
• Property damage liability covers damage you caused to someone else’s property.
• Collision coverage pays for damages to your own vehicle because of an accident.
• Comprehensive insurance covers your loss when you experience theft or damage to your car from something other than collision.
• Uninsured/underinsured Motorist coverage reimburses the driver of your car who is hit by a hit-and-run or uninsured driver. It also covers you when an under-insured driver’s insurance does not sufficiently cover your loss.
Factors that affect your eligibility for coverage and discounted premiums:
• If you have home and auto insurance policies with different insurance companies, it might benefit you to combine those policies with one carrier who will generally give you a healthy discount.
• Having certain anti-theft equipment in your car like an engine immobilizer, alarm system, and a LoJack tracking system, can qualify you for additional discounts.
• Low mileage drivers with modest driving needs can get discounted policies from some carriers based on their low annual mileage.
• Some carriers offer discounts if you arrange to pay premiums via electronic transfer.
• If your car came from the factory with airbags and motorized seatbelts (passive restraints), you may qualify for another significant discount.